Not the actual golden retriever puppy from the walk this morning, but close.
This week I’ve been thankful for
- noticeably longer days, especially in the evening. We’re gaining 5 minutes of daylight per day now and I’m thankful for every one of those minutes.
- puppies. There are a couple of puppies I see regularly when I’m walking my son’s big, black German shepherd—and he loves them. He’s six years old, but he still loves running with puppies through the fresh snowy woods. I’m thankful that I can get my cute puppy fix with other peoples’ puppies, or I’d be tempted to get one of my own. And the last thing we need is another dog in the extended family.
- for my grandchildren, all four of them. The baby is getting rolls of baby fat, and smiling and laughing. I’m thankful he is growing and developing. I’m thankful the older three are growing and learning, too.
- for opportunities for my youngest son and a project that suits his talents. (And for the snow shovelling he’s doing right now as I write this.)
- God’s promises, and Jesus Christ, in whom (and through whom) they all find their “Yes!”
Also thankful today:
What are you thankful for?